Broker Discussion Facilitator: Nikki Coppa, NAR & CAR Director.
Speaker: Jeff Smetana, Assistant General Counsel.
Department of Real Estate Commissioner Doug McCauley
Nikki Coppa - NAR & CAR Director
• CAR fall meeting updates
Jeff Smetana - Assistant General Counsel
• CRMLS mandatory fines and broker risk
Doug McCauley - DRE Commissioner
• Commissioner’s background|
• Operations report (program statistics)
• Focus on enforcement and proactive outreach
• Current department challenges
• Opportunities for the future
• Q & A
This meeting is open to all San Diego County REALTOR Brokers & Office Managers, so we can work together to inform, educate and raise the bar of professionalism in San Diego County.
* Doug McCauley, 55, of Sacramento, is the appointed commissioner of the Department of Real Estate. McCauley has served as Chief Deputy Director of the Department of Housing and Community Development since 2018, and has served as acting Director of the Department since 2019. He was executive officer at the California Architects Board from 2001 to 2018. McCauley earned a Master of Public Administration degree from Golden Gate University.