- Governor Newsom's Real Estate Commissioner appointee Doug McCauley was appointed on April 2nd.
- Learn about the difference between citations and formal discipline and the programs progress after six years. How do citations work? How can they be contested? What happens if the citation has not been satisfied?
- Developers are required to obtain a public report from the DRE prior to marketing homes in a common interest development (CID). Learn more about Informing the DRE About Material Changes in Subdivision Public Reports.
- The California Franchise Tax Board also includes an interesting write up about Property Managers and California Withholding.
- The DRE may audit continuing education records of licensees. When requested applicants need to submit certificates of attendance or certified copies from sponsors of approved offerings as proof of training. A licensee who fails to provide DRE with course completion certificates, as required, may be subject to a fine or potential disciplinary action.
DRE Flyer for Consumers: Fraud Warnings for California Homeowners in Financial Distress Provides an overview of home loan modifications and where to find free foreclosure avoidance counseling.
Instructions to License Applicants Provides information about how to obtain and maintain a California Real Estate License, a Prepaid Rental Listing Service License, and a Mortgage Loan Originator License Endorsement.
Loan Modification Self-Help Guide The DRE has produced a self help guide for individuals to obtain their own loan modification. Review this step by step guide to doing your own loan modification.
The 2020 Real Estate Law Book Statutes and regulations with which real estate practitioners should be familiar. It is divided into four parts by subject matter as follows: Real Estate Law and Subdivided Lands Law, Business and Professions Code Sections 10000 through 11288 Regulations of the Real Estate Commissioner, Title 10 of the California Code of Regulations Administrative Procedure Act, Government Code Sections 11500 through 11528 Pertinent Excerpts from the California Codes, Various other code sections applicable to real estate including additional sections of the Business and Professions Code and Government Code. Please note, the 2020 Real Estate Law does not contain all laws relevant to real estate. The 29 Codes which comprise California law are available in their entirety at the official website for California legislative information.