Immediate action may be required for old-model Gen 1 and Gen 2 lockbox continuity due to Sentrilock's updates for security and technology enhancements.
PSAR's CRMLS subscribers may exchange registered old boxes for new boxes for only $120.
(offer valid until March 29th)
1. Sentrilock has informed its Associations that, effective March 31, 2024, all remaining Sentrikey card usage will be completely terminated, including the Associations Admin keys.
2. What does this mean for box owners? Do not buy or sell non-Bluetooth lockboxes from any source, including eBay or fellow agents. Ownership of these boxes cannot be transferred from the previous owner to you. See the images above of the non-Bluetooth boxes to avoid purchasing:
3. Non-Bluetooth boxes inactive for over a year require an internal clock reset with a Sentrikey card. This reset must be completed by March 31; otherwise, the lockbox will cease to function.
4. PSAR strongly urges users to change batteries now and check old model boxes now to see if a clock reset is needed. PSAR has replacement batteries in the three service centers. PSAR staff has been told that batteries may also be available online. Sentrilock Customer Support can assist users with clock resets at (513) 618-5800 until March 31st.
5. If a non-Bluetooth lockbox displays "Code" then "Error" upon an attempt to open, it likely indicates the box has been inactive for over a year and may require an internal clock reset with a Sentrikey card. This must be completed by March 31, or the lockbox will stop working. Contact Sentrilock Support at 513-618-5800, or PSAR for assistance before March 31.
6. "Call Before Showing" (CBS) functionality can be activated on a non-Bluetooth lockbox using a key card until March 31. After activation, CBS will remain permanently on the box. Some agents might keep a few boxes with active CBS.
7. Sentrilock explains that the CBS feature cannot be used until every PSAR lockbox is a Bluetooth model. This feature does not support mixing old and new boxes. If PSAR retires all old, non-Bluetooth boxes, the CBS feature could become available again, although this is currently not planned.
8. To facilitate the transition, starting March 4, PSAR will offer a limited-time deal for PSAR's CRMLS subscribers to update lockboxes. For those with old Gen 1 or Gen 2 non-Bluetooth boxes, there's an opportunity to trade them in for new ones with a $39 discount off the usual price. Until March 29, new boxes are available for only $120 upon trading in old ones. This offer is limited to two discounted boxes per member. For additional boxes, the discounted price of $120 each applies, but advance payment is required. New boxes will be ordered, and their arrival at PSAR offices is expected within two weeks.
9. PSAR members, please Do not discard old boxes in the trash. Please drop them off at PSAR and we will recycle them for you.