It's a good time to build your business. In response to the current crisis, PSAR is subsidizing this NAR class to Empower REALTORS® to do more business by growing your international real estate business.Once you earn a CIPS designation, you will have access to the information, research, network, and tools to globalize your business.
In these courses you will acquire the knowledge to present investment information to international clients--in their currency and area. You will learn how to measure investment performance, prepare financial projections, and understand the effects of taxes and exchange rates on investment.
Designees are relied upon as expert resources in the international real estate market. This designation may be earned after successfully completing the intensive program of study focusing on critical aspects of transnational transactions, including currency and exchange rate issues, cross-cultural relationships, regional market conditions, investment performance, tax issues and more. U.S. members must be a REALTOR® and a member of the National Association of REALTORS®. To earn the designation participants must attend all classes listed below.
Space is limited and at this price (normally $500+) the class will fill up fast!
$200* for members | $300* for non-members
This does does not include NAR designation fees.
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call: 619-421-7811
Program Starts June 15th at 12:00 pm
- June 15th and 16th, 12 PM - 4 PM | Global Real Estate: Local Markets
This introductory course offers students an overview of the international real estate business environment, including capital flow, currencies, government regulations, and cultures. Topics such as international brokerage, networking, marketing, and selling will also be discussed.
- June 17th and 18th, 12 PM - 4 PM | Global Real Estate: Transaction Tools
Students will be taught the tools needed to present investment information to international clients—in their currency and area. Students will learn how to measure investment performance, prepare financial projections, and understand the effects of taxes and exchange rates on investment.
- June 19th and 22nd, 12 PM - 4 PM | Europe & International Real Estate
This section provides students with insight in regards to working with clients in Western and Central Europe. Topics include the European Union and its impact on international real estate, economic and real estate trends, networking and relationship building, and marketing and selling practices.
- June 23rd and 24th, 12 PM - 4 PM | Asia/Pacific & International Real Estate
Students will be shown how to addresses real estate practices in Asia and the Pacific with emphasis on cultural influences, economic trends and assessment of investment opportunities. An extra chapter on working with the Japanese is also included.
- June 25th and 26th, 12 PM - 4 PM | The Americas & International Real Estate
Students will be given practical information on working with clients from the Caribbean, North, Central, and South American. Historical and cultural influences, regional relationship, and investment opportunities are covered.
What You Gain
- Marketing Tools:
- Listing in the “Find a CIPS” online directory
- Customizable print postcards
- Customizable web banner ads
- Customizable press release
- Technology Tools:
- CIPS App that provides translation, area and currency conversion, time zone calculation, and international holidays
- CIPS resource browser toolbar
- Tips and Techniques:
- Global Perspectives print newsletter
- Access to CIPS member-only online communities
- Invitations to exclusive events at NAR meetings
- Referral contract form
Instructor: Furhad Waquad, Director National Association of REALTORS, since 2004.
*There will be no refunds for these courses.
*NAR will charge an additional $75 application fee for the designation, and annual CIPS dues of $220.